Karl Friedrich Schinkel (1781-1841), after receiving a commission to design the palace, visited Kamenz Ząbkowicki for the first time in April 1838. Enthusiastic about the landscape of the foothills, he agreed with Duke Hermann von Pückler-Muskau that the palace should be shaped in the landscape both in terms of the view towards and from the palace. He then drew a new, second design for the palace in a neo-Gothic style (the first version, a neo-Renaissance one, did not take into account the terrain).
“A new quality of sightseeing in the romantic palace and park complex in Kamieniec Ząbkowicki”.
The project is financed by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norwegian funds.